Sunday, April 4, 2010

Simple Roasted Reds






Happy Easter!

I normally make the family recipe for potato salad on holidays.

This year, I only had to cook for four. I did roasted potatoes and they were easy and flavorful. It was nice to have a side dish that I didn't have to fuss over. It just did its thing while I finished my other tasks.  This is so easy I hesitated to post it, but it's worth remembering when you need a side dish and you're running out of time.

1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, the smallest ones you can find
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning

Halve the larger potatoes in the bunch and leave the littlest ones whole. Wash and dry them. Pour them onto a sheet pan with sides. Drizzle with oil and add the seasonings. Toss with your fingers.

Place the pan into a preheated 425 degree oven and roast for 20 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and roast for another 10 minutes or until evenly golden and tender. Great hot or at room temperature. Leftovers are wonderful the next morning with eggs.


Posted by Picasa
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty much how I roast my potatoes too. Aren't they the BEST thing ever? The look so good, nicely golden browned & oh so delicious :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
A smiling face is half the meal. (Latvian proverb)